Nier : Automata
NieR New Project is a new third-person action RPG follow-up to the 2010 cult hit, NieR. Offering a fresh blend of action and RPG gameplay styles, NieR New Project is currently being developed in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc., the studio known for its groundbreaking advancements in the action genre.
The game’s all-star development team is helmed by producer Yosuke Saito, known for his work on DRAGON QUEST X and NieR. The previous game’s director, YOKO TARO returns for the new project as well as composer Keiichi Okabe, whose award-winning score to the original became one of the greatest accomplishments in gaming music.
New to the series is character designer Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation, Inc., well known for his work in BRAVELY DEFAULT and the FINAL FANTASY series, as well as game designer Takahisa Taura, with Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to his credit.
- Action-Packed Battles – Players switch between melee and ranged attacks in battle against hordes of enemies and challenging bosses across a variety of open field maps
- Beautifully Desolate Open-World – The game joins together beautiful vistas and locations with no area loading. Environments contain a wealth of sub-events in addition to the main storyline.
- Masterfully Crafted Story and Characters – The game tells the story of androids and their ferocious battle to reclaim a machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful weapons known as machine lifeforms
- Elements of an RPG – Players will obtain a variety of weapon types, level up in battle, learn new combat skills, and customize a loadout that caters to their playstyle
- “Auto Mode” Available for Beginners – Novice players can elect “Auto Mode” for easy attacks and evasions